latest f12 gnome updates broken

cornel panceac cpanceac at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 17:35:46 UTC 2010

2010/2/25 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 08:30:39AM +0200, cornel panceac wrote:
> >    the latest gnome updates in f12 broke the gnome-panel(s) or it's just
> my
> >    system? after updating from updates-testing the panels are back but
> >    gnome-terminal fails to start. i 'll report more later.
>
> I haven't seen that problem with a F12 x86_64 system that's updated
> from the stable update stream.  You've restarted if necessary, and
> checked with a fresh user account too?
>
> this is a 32 bit system. i've just created a new user. since i;ve already
installed *gnome* from testing repo, the panel is starting but the windows
have no decoration and as soon as i try gnome-terminal, it crashes and abrt
shows up. also, during system boot, there's amessage regarding gnome-power
not correctly installed. if this is only about my computer, it's ok :) but
if it's a problem with many f12 computers, there will be a lot of reports.
anyway, right now i do not want to update my other three systems. of course,
i'll have to sacrifice at least one so that i'll understand better what's
going on :) i'll be back with more details asap.

--
Linux counter #213090