F13 desktop is broken??

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 19:55:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 19:23:41 +0100,
>  Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I updated my F13 development and now my desktop is broken and I get
>> some Dbus error at logon and I get:
>>  Impossibile mostrare «x-nautilus-desktop:///»
>> .Errore: DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The
>> name org.gtk.vfs.Daemon was not provided by any .service files
>> Selezionare un altro visualizzatore e tentare di nuovo
>
> I am seeing this as well. The desktop displays my home directory instead of
> my Desktop directory which is annoying. I haven't done much diagnosing yet,
> as I am trying to get some other things done right now.
> --

Not sure if this is the issue, but previous gvfs package provided:

/usr/share/dbus-1/services/gvfs-daemon.service
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/gvfs-metadata.service

These seem to be not provided by newest gvfs package.

If I "recover" these, Desktop displays as before.....

I'll BZ this.

tom
--
Tom London