F13 Alpha experiences

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 19:02:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 11:25 -0600, Jim Haynes wrote:
> I got it installed last night - guess this is RC3 - with no trouble on
> an i686 machine.  I had to separately download and install
> control-center-extra to set the window focus behavior.  I wish you
> guys could find it in your hear to include that package in the
> install CD set - it's just a little thing, and I can't live with
> having to click the mouse to change focus from one window to
> another.

This change is detailed in section "4.1.4.2. Additional improvements in
GNOME 2.28" of Fedora 12 release notes.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f12/en-US/html/sect-Release_Notes-Changes_in_Fedora_for_Desktop_Users.html

> The other thing I did was to include dialup networking during software
> customization.  When I tried to setup dialup networking at least it
> doesn't crash anymore, but it puts up a window saying kudzu is required.
> I wish you could either wean it off kudzu or include kudzu in the
> install disk set and have it included by checking dialup networking
> support.  It's easy enough for me to download it separately, but if
> this were my only computer and a first-time experience I wouldn't be
> able to download it without dial networking operating, and I wouldn't
> be able to get dial networking operating without having downloaded it.
> Catch-22.

Does ModemManager handle this, or is that strictly for broadband usage?

Thanks,
James