QA test for L10N

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Tue Jan 5 23:58:52 UTC 2010

James Laska さんは書きました:
> On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 15:43 +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
>> Hi translators and testers
>>
>> Regarding the following task entries of F13, recently I have contacted
>> QA team (f-test-l) for live image creation and heard positive replies.
>> So I like to reopen different thread to discuss entire picture with QA
>> team and L10N team together. Please throw your idea and improve this
>> event better. If any doubt/question, pls do ask.
>
> My first thought when seeing the previous thread where to ask whether
> your testing instructions were documented already.  We have test cases
> for the Fedora 12 i18n test day [1], so if this is a common sequence of
> tasks that you'd like to encourage others to follow, this might help.
> If you have more than just a series of test cases (perhaps a higher
> strategy, organization and pass/fail criteria), I might suggest a
> lightweight test plan [2].

We only had very tiny window to organize this review event for F12, and
there was no instruction documented. I joined F12 i18n test day and
learned all well documented. i18n test day is good example and l10n
should have similar documentation. For F13, something like
"https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:L10n_Test_Cases" to be written.
L10n test day (this is our review process) is different from i18n.

My original mail has followed " Template:QA/Test Plan" [1].

[1]:https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2009-December/msg00352.html

>> As you can notice, it is my bad expressing this in several way such as
>> 'QA test for L10N', 'Review task', 'QA event' etc. What is the best to
>> describe?
>
> We hosted i18n focused Test Days in previous releases and I believe they
> worked rather well to organize folks around a common goal.  I don't see
> any problems using that vehicle for Fedora 13 if there is a sufficient
> amount of work that can be distributed.  If you'd like more information,
> take a look at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/SOP_Test_Day_management.  We'll be
> happy to assist in setting up an event.

Thanks for the pointer! Here is L10n SOP.

1 Get people on board =>  Translators and testers
2 Set a date => 2010-03-08 to 2010-03-16
3 Create the Wiki page
     o 3.1 Create test cases  => I do have some draft not published yet
(how-to-access-gui)
     o 3.2 Set up the results table => it was bug tracker for F12
4 Build a live CD =>  We need "nightly compose 2010-03-05" somewhere
accessible between 2010-03-08 to 2010-03-16
5 Promote the Test Day => reminder of task schedule to be sent by John
6 Pre-event reminder => same the above
7 Update Test_Day:Current => same with 3.2 bug tracker
8 Do a post-event review => any idea?

noriko