QA test for L10N

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Jan 6 13:42:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 12:24 +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> For F13, something like
> > "https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:L10n_Test_Cases" to be written.
> Done :-)
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:L10n_Test_Cases
>
> This is still incomplete, and I wish everyone to have a look and
> complete this list and to add any idea. I meant 'built status' is if
> package was built by specified date.

Greetings Noriko,

Typically, the category wiki pages are mostly a method for organizing
related content on the wiki.  So for the [[Category:L10n_Test_Cases]],
you might use that to organize different wiki test case pages that have
instructions for the l10n testing.  For other examples, take a look at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:I18n_Test_Cases or
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Installer_Test_Cases.  These
pages aren't used for posting test results, just for grouping related
wiki pages together for easier future navigation.

It seems like you've already started outlining how you wish to gather
test results.  Way to get a head start!  For that, I might recommend
creating a test results wiki page (or pages) similar to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_13_Install_Results_Template.
Good news is that you already have the content for this page ... it's
just in the wrong spot.  I've moved the content you created into a new
page ...
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_13_l10n_Results_Template.  Hope
that helps.

From here, one way I could see you proceeding is ...

     1. Start defining some basic test cases to guide testers.  Be sure
        to link any created test case pages into [[Category:L10n Test
        Cases]]
     2. When testing starts, create a wiki page for each test run (e.g.
        Test_Results:Fedora 13 L10n Alpha Test Results]].  Results will
        be posted to this page, not your template.

Some of this is touched on by two of our existing SOP's [1][2], but if
this is a process you'd like to repeat throughout the release (and
future releases), I'd recommend taking your instructions above and
creating a new [[SOP L10n Test Management]].

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Liam/Draft_Install_Test_SOP
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/SOP_Test_Day_management