Fedora install support for netbooks -- small screen size

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 14:30:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 12:44 -0500, Christopher Beland wrote:
> It appears the screen size on the Asus 701ee is 800x480?  That seems
> like a reasonable resolution to expect Fedora to work without *horrible*
> UI problems.

I'm finding it very hard to think of any other remotely current bit of
hardware you might conceivably want to run Fedora on, which doesn't have
at least 600 pixels vertically.

The last time I had a system with this problem was a Sony Vaio
Picturebook C1XD - which was 1024x480. I bought that system in 2001. The
Picturebook line went to 600 pixels vertically with the next revision.
It was discontinued several years ago...