Draft desktop validation test matrix

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 19:05:18 UTC 2010

Hi, everyone. Continuing work on the expanded set of validation tests
for the new F13 release criteria, I've just created a draft for a
desktop test matrix. We're not sure whether to make this a separate page
or extend the existing installation test matrix to become some kind of
crazy Super-Matrix yet, so I've just made it a standalone table in my
personal space for now:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_desktop_test_matrix

it's pretty simple really - just lists the tests, with the release level
at which they have to pass, and includes result space for _each_ desktop
spin. I added that touch today...that way we can, if we have time, do
the tests for each desktop, and provide the information to each desktop
spin's team. For F13, though, as previously discussed, we're only
committing to doing the tests for the desktop spin, and failures will
only block the release if they occur in the desktop spin.

As always, comments / complaints / suggestions welcome!