Draft desktop validation test matrix

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 23:26:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 18:32 +0800, Li Ming wrote:

> Yes, currently,the cases is not enough for a new page,but if you can
> add/extend more cases,I think it worth a new page. And the

Well, it's a set of tests to validate the release, hence it has tests to
check all existing release criteria. We can't really just invent new
tests out of thin air if they're not things we actually need to test to
validate the release :)

> classification of test results is different:the existing installation
> matrix is i386,x86_64, but your cases are different session.

These tests are not likely to vary according to architecture, in my
opinion.

>  Putting
> them together seems a bit incompatible?

Not necessarily, we can have multiple tables on one page.

>  and also the classification of
> criteria is different.

In fact, the classification of the installation tests should now be
adjusted to this system - classifying tests by release stage rather than
the arbitrary 'tier' concept - since we now have proper per-release
release criteria.

> So I suggest create a new matrix and add more
> cases to it in the future

Thanks for your input!