state of rawhide

glenn gsimpson at mountaincable.net
Thu Jan 14 18:15:07 UTC 2010

I made a fresh install of Fedora 12 32 bit (abt 2270 pkgs).

I then used 'yum update' to bring the install up to date.

I then changed the repo from 'fedora' to 'rawhide'.  I disabled fedora
updates.

I installed preupgrade.

I ran 'preupgrade' and it indicated there was nothing to do.

I ran 'yum update', and got many packages selected but yum could not
process the list.

I tried
    package-clean --dupes
    package-clean --problems
    rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
  and there was no complaint and no fixs performed

Question: Is rawhide that out of whack that I can not get rawhide up or
is it in a state of flux?  I am surprised that I am not having more
success with rawhide installation.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Glenn
--