Draft desktop validation test matrix

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Jan 16 07:10:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 09:14 -0500, James Laska wrote:

> > In fact, the classification of the installation tests should now be
> > adjusted to this system - classifying tests by release stage rather
> than
> > the arbitrary 'tier' concept - since we now have proper per-release
> > release criteria.
>
> I hear you're point, but arbitrary isn't the most accurate way to
> describe the years of built up test knowledge that contributed to the
> current method for prioritizing install testing [3].

Sorry, missed this bit until I just went back through for FWN. It wasn't
the actual classification of tests I was referring to as 'arbitrary',
but the grouping of them into 'tiers' which don't really correspond
directly to anything else. Anyway, the page is getting re-done based on
release now, so no biggie :)