New Tester (Hi to the community!)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jan 19 05:25:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 18:00 -0200, Vinicius Silva wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> My name is Vinny (vinnysoares) and I just joined the Fedora Test
> Community.
>
> I'm a Linux fan since 2004, but I only became a user in 2006. I'm
> really enthusiastic about Linux and Open Source Software, and I really
> like to try/test, fix and sometimes break things. Most of all, I love
> to make sure things are working as they were designed to, and being
> part of the process of making old things better or make new things
> that just work make me very pleased.
>
> I work with Open Source Software Testing, and when I have some free
> time I like to mess around on my computer. :-p  I really want to
> contribute to the Fedora Project on my spare time, and be part of this
> great community.
>
> If any of you have any recommendations or advise on what I need to do
> to get started, feel free to reply to this e-mail or send me a
> personal e-mail (viniciuspontocom at gmail.com).
>
> I hope we can have a good time, have fun, and lots of testing!

Hi Vinny, thanks for volunteering your time!

The QA and Bugzappers Joining pages:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Joining

have all the basic info you need to get started. Just to go over that
again, you can help simply by following the list and running
updates-testing or Rawhide, and posting your feedback. Also you can come
out to the weekly meetings (Monday for QA, Tuesday for BugZappers) and
follow the list and you'll see callouts for testing that you can help
with.

Thanks again for volunteering! Let us know if you need any more help.