Networking on Fedora 12

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jan 24 02:01:58 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 12:46 -0800, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> The last update I ran broke ethernet networking.
> The network does not come up on boot any more.
> To get networking running I had to use the
> Network Control to disable network manager for
> each ethernet controller, then manually activate
> each.

It might be hardware or configuration specific; I'm not having any
problems with NetworkManager-0.7.998-2.git20100106.fc12. Is that the
version you are using?

If you can isolate a problem to a specific upgrade, it's my
understanding that the best thing to do is to find that version of the
package in Bodhi (https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates) and leave
negative feedback.  That will prevent the test package from
automatically being pushed into the stable repository, and will also
alert the responsible developer (who may or may not be reading this
mailing list).

-B.