2010-01-11 @ 16:00 UTC (11am EST) - Fedora QA Meeting Recap

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 25 16:40:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 10:54 -0500, James Laska wrote:
> While testing, if I come across an issue that, for whatever reason,
> indicates the need for a documentation change, I was unclear as to where
> the change should take place.  My understanding of how this works ...
>
>      1. If the issue discovered also highlights a larger behavioral
>         change that should be referenced in the release notes.  In this
>         case, a bug should be filed against the release-notes component
>         in bugzilla?
>      2. It may change the steps in a procedure outlined in one of the
>         official Fedora documents (see http://docs.fedoraproject.org).
>         Again, file a bug against the specific document in bugzilla.
>      3. Or, the issue doesn't warrant a change to any documented
>         procedures, but is of sufficient visibility, list the issue on
>         the CommonBugs page.

That's certainly good advice, even if it supports gatekeeping and
stability more than efficiency and speed.  I'm not sure where you'd like
to drop said advice where QA-type people will find it.  The ideal
solution would be a link to [[How To Contribute to the Release Notes]],
but that page is really confusing.  It does, on the other hand, link to
a handy pre-filled Bugzilla form for Release Notes updates:
http://tinyurl.com/nej3u

> CommonBugs? (bugs with CommonBugs keyword, but do not yet have the URL
> to the CommonBugs wiki) -
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=CommonBugs%3F&sharer_id=141215
>
> CommonBugs+ (bugs with CommonBugs keyword *and* contain the URL to the
> issue on the wiki) -
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=CommonBugs%2B&sharer_id=141215

I added links to: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F13_bugs
If that looks good, feel free to copy to the F12 version which is
currently live.

-B.