Finally, a working nouveau driver

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 26 03:25:43 UTC 2010

On 01/25/2010 08:11 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 05:53 -0800, Steven I Usdansky wrote:
>
>> Just booted desktop-x86_64-20100123.19.iso and, for the first time
>> since I purchased my HP s3707c desktop PC in early August, 2009,
>> the nouveau driver actually works rather than locking up my system.
>>
>> My thanks to all responsible.
>>
> Passed your message on to Ben Skeggs (RH / Fedora's nouveau
> developer/maintainer) - thanks!

Lucky you,  I have had the worst nightmare I have ever had with a Fedora
12 install.
I have a HP Pavilion Slimline S7700N  with a GeForce 6150 LE , With
Nouveau  driver I'm having problems of Mouse just disappearing and I
have to restart the computer to get it back.
So I installed the Nvidia driver and now the mouse doesn't disappear any
more.