F12 updates issue heads up

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jan 29 22:32:54 UTC 2010

I haven't figured out exactly what happened but some update from the last
day or to broke booting on at least one of my machines.

The issue is that the file system type isn't being detected when getting
ready to switch the root fs.

The work around is to add the rootfstype=ext3 kernel boot parameter.

Looking over the list of suspects, I am looking at udev being the culprit
but don't have time right now to do the downgrade and reboots right this
minute.

It isn't the kernel or dracut (at least directly) as trying to boot using
older kernels and initramfs images that used to work, stopped working.

Sometime over the weekend, I should get a chance to narrow things down
assuming I can reproduce it at home.