Proven Testers - Testing Protocols - Discussion Starter

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Jul 3 08:39:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 08:16:12PM -0400, Bob Lightfoot wrote:

> 2.  Open the VM with the GUI tool and perform System - Shutdown - Restart
>
> ****  SYSTEM MUST REBOOT WITHOUT ERROR OR AVC DENIAL  ******
> ****  In case of an error or avc denial -- report -1 karma against the
> offending package
> ****  It may be necessary to fresh install and install updates-testing
> on at a time to find offender

Actually the -1 karma is only justified if the avc denial does not exist
for the stable version of the package. Also it is helpful to also open a
bug report against selinux-policy in this case and provide the bug
number in the feedback comment.

> 3.  Open terminal and run yum list installed | grep updates-testing >>
> packs-to-test-$(Date)
>
> 4.  In First Terminal nano packs-to-test-$(DATE)
>
> 5.  Test the application for any package you readily recognize and add #
> -1/0/+1 comment before the package in packs-to-test-$(DATE)

Why do you do these steps? I would just run fedora-easy-karma, test the
packages in the order f-e-k suggests, skip packages one does not want to
test and as soon as a test is finished, select the karma and comment in
f-ek. A big disadvantage of step 3 is, that it will not filter out
updates that have already been tested by you. But in case you want the
file from step 3 for documentation purposes, you might want to use
"$(date -I)" to get a string like 2010-07-03 directly by the shell.

Regards
Till