New BugZapper Introduction

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jul 5 19:53:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 17:07 +0200, Tajidin Abd wrote:
> Hello
>
> My name is Tajidin and i go by the name of tajidinabd on IRC. I do
> have over six years using Fedora along with Arch Linux so i am active
> in a few Linux projects. I am currently located in Germany working for
> a firm as an Open Source instructor and developer. So i would be happy
> if i could have a mentor to help me with triaging bugs in Fedora. I do
> also have an account on Redhat bugzilla. Have a good day

> tajidin

Welcome tajidin! Thanks for volunteering your time. Here's the info we
usually send to new members. Thanks for coming out to the meeting today,
sorry it was cancelled. I'll approve your membership of the group
immediately, if someone hasn't done so already.

Here is a list of components which we'd like BugZappers to work on as a
priority, there's lots available.
The list is at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Components_and_Triagers

we'd recommend you pick a component from that list that you feel
comfortable working on, then contact its maintainer to say you'll be
working on triaging it, and ask if they have any tips or special
requests. Then read:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Tools
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingBugs
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/How_to_Triage
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingDuplicates
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses

To see how the process works (I know that looks like a lot of pages, but
several of them are pretty short, and they all work together). Please do
join #fedora-bugzappers and ask if you have any questions or problems,
there's usually another team member around who can help you out. Thanks
a lot for volunteering your time!