64bit Flash player

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Wed Jul 7 12:43:54 UTC 2010

From: test-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org [mailto:test-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of Rob Healey
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 4:29 AM
To: Fedora rawhide test list
Subject: 64bit Flash player

Thanks for the information!  So we really are alienated from being able to use and benefit from the web content that should be available to all!

No, we're not.

It is trivial to install and use the 32-bit Flash plugin from Adobe on 64-bit Linux. The instructions for doing so are even posted on the fedoraproject.org Wiki at  <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Multimedia/Flash> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Multimedia/Flash. I've used those instructions and they work. Take a deep breath, stop using inaccurate, inflammatory phrases like "alienated" and "screw us", and just install the plugin using the provided instructions if you want to use the plugin.

It's unfortunate that there isn't a 64-bit plugin available. Unfortunate, but not the end of the world. Plus, Adobe claims that the reason why it isn't currently available is because they're working on making fundamental architectural changes to it, which, if true, means that when they do finally release it again, it'll probably be better than the 32-bit plugin.

  Jik