Re: 64bit Flash player

birger birger at birger.sh
Wed Jul 7 18:31:52 UTC 2010

The claim i saw was that they had chosen to redesign the 64 bit flash completely.

Given that windows seems to be quickly abandoning 32 bit support (first on servers) a completely rewritten 64 bit flash makes sense even if it  means more maintenance. It may mean that 32 bit flash becomes a light version for netbooks, pads and phones.

During such redevelopment it makes sense to release only for the big platform. I assume that doesn't mean the new 64 bit engine will be difficult to port ( hopefully the opposite). Just that it wont happen yet.

--
birger
Typed on my cellphone so any non-conformity with regard to posting rules can be blamed on my mailer