New alternative proven testers page draft

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jul 9 03:31:51 UTC 2010

Hi, everyone.

So, here's my alternative draft for a combined proven testers page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_proventesters

It's basically the existing Proven_testers page (which is mostly Aaron's
work), with instructions for joining the group and details on the mentor
process added. I adapted the joining instructions from the existing
JoinProvenTesters page by Adam Miller, and wrote the mentoring stuff
myself.

I edited a few things in Aaron's section but nothing really major, just
one passive->active voice change and changing a link to point to the
fedora easy karma tool's wiki page rather than its pkgdb page (I think
this is more useful as it provides actual info on how to use the tool),
plus a bit more extra signposting of 'go read this page for instructions
now'. Also I added an explicit section called 'Positive feedback' to the
feedback procedures section, to make it clearer that, in general, we'd
expect to file positive feedback and the scenarios where you *don't* are
exceptions.

I tried to keep it short and in the spirit of 'here's what you should
do' rather than 'here's a high-level abstract discussion of the concepts
behind the process'.

Rotten vegetables welcome!