reporting bugs upstream : nothing on the wiki?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jul 12 19:24:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 15:00 -0400, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> On 7/12/2010 2:58 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > I'm just trying to think of a way to make
> > users more involved in filing bugs and helping up stream in fixing
> > them.
> I'm sure your motives are pure :-). I just don't think what you are
> proposing is realistic.

It's a topic that's currently under discussion on -devel. In practice
I'd say it varies. Some reporters certainly are willing to make good
upstream reports. Some aren't, indeed, but I think Ankur's probably
right that we can add value to the ecosystem (urgh, excuse me while I
shoot myself for that one) by providing good instructions for those who
_are_ willing to go the extra mile.