dynamic configuration of wired network interfaces looks quite broken (looks like solved)

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Jul 12 22:46:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 09:55:40PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> Does setting static IP address on the interface work?

It does.  I wrote that in the original posting and this was making
things more puzzling.  Yesterday I applied over 1 Gig of updates to
a rawhide installation using static settings.

Still I think that I figured it out.  It appears that a powered
switch on my network decided to misbehave.  After resetting it I
started to see wired interfaces dynamically configured again.  A
mystery remains how my printer got its IP number.  It is hanging
from the same switch.  Really weird ...

An implicit information that I am the only one with such issue was
of help.  Thanks!

   Michal