dynamic configuration of wired network interfaces looks quite broken (looks like solved)

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Tue Jul 13 11:54:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 08:34:44AM +0300, cornel panceac wrote:
>     mystery remains how my printer got its IP number.  It is hanging
>     from the same switch.  Really weird ...
>
> could be only certain port in the switch. tried another? (like switch between
> printer's and computer's)

At least four different ports on a switch were affected.  I know
that not from swapping cables but from trying other ends.  Now it is
too late to check although it is difficult to imagine why troubles
would be so selective but maybe.  That static IP assignments worked
just fine did not help in a diagnosis.  I realized eventually that
over-the-air packets do not travel through this piece of hardware.
Too late now.  After a switch reset everything works as expected.

   Michal