mail text encoding (was: dynamic configuration .... )

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 01:16:16 UTC 2010

--- On Tue, 7/13/10, Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:

> From: Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com>
> Subject: Re: mail text encoding (was: dynamic configuration .... )
> To: "For testers of Fedora development releases" <test at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 10:18 AM
> way?
> > > I think you may be the only one seeing it this
> way.
> > > The message was
> > > sent as Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset="us-ascii".
> > >
> > > Check the archives to see how it should look...
> > >

> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-July/092051.html
> >
> > His posts on the archives look fine, but this one ^
> looks the same
> > way I saw it.
>
> You posted it so it includes all garbled content you have
> quoted.
I did not do it on purpose, that garbled content was what I saw, and I responded/asked is it only me?

> > What could have been the problem?
>
> It appears that your mail reader is using some hardwired
> encoding
> instead of paying attention to a charset declaration in
> what was
> posted.  Or maybe some intermediate mail server is
> "kind enough" for
> you to do conversions with some random settings.

Regular yahoo mail, using konqueror web browser.

> BTW - this particular message is sent with an utf-8
> encoding.
>
>    Michał
> --

I am not using any special mail, just basic yahoo mail.  There appears to be no problem with this one.  What could it have been?

I normally don't see these kinds of messages, but this one came like that. I ask myself what could it have been?

Thanks and sorry for asking.

Regards,

Antonio