[urgent] libsndfile security update needs 2 proventesters

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 08:48:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:03:09 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 17:58 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 08:33:34 -0700
>> Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Luke, I really think turning on critpath requirements for everything
>> > in the world is going to prove to be a problem. I certainly never
>> > expected this to hit EPEL, AFAIK Fedora QA and FESCo have no actual
>> > power to commit to this policy for EPEL. How hard would it be to just
>> > disable this requirement again for EPEL at least?
>>
>> Yeah, it looks like Luke is going to revert this for EPEL very soon...
>
> yes, we had a private mail chat about it, I think he either has already
> committed or will very soon commit a fix to turn it off for EPEL. thanks
> luke!

That's good news. Thanks, Luke!

I was just looking at the status of my package updates and the EPEL ones
seem to be stalled (at pending -> testing and testing -> stable) -- I
wonder how much this is due to the Bodhi changes.

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
Fedora Project Contributor: http://fedoraproject.org/

Email:  salimma at fedoraproject.org  | GPG key ID: 78884778