reporting bugs upstream : nothing on the wiki?

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 06:44:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've just been reading up the thread on -devel regarding the "WONTFIX".
>
> Out of curiosity, I googled "site:fedoraproject.org reporting bugs".
>
> I found 3 pages of interest. Surprisingly, none of them mention anything
> about filing bugs upstream.[....]

The user do download a "product" from us (fedora); so they should file
bugs in our bugzilla and we ought to handle them (if the maintainer
needs help from upstream sure why not) but telling the user "go
elsewhere" is just wrong ... PERIOD.

Excuses like "the package has to many bugs / crashes all the time"
aren't really valid the options here are:

*) Get/Ask for help
*) Drop the package ... if it is just broken; why ship it?