Firefox-3.6.4-1.fc13.x86_64

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Fri Jul 16 01:57:28 UTC 2010

On 07/15/2010 08:32 PM, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> I have firefox-3.6.4-1.fc13.x86_64 installed. Not sure if that is from updates
> or updates-testing.

yum list firefox
Installed Packages
firefox.i686       3.6.4-1.fc13          @updates

There is nothing in currently in updates-testing, and the version in
rawhide is 3.6.4-1.fc14.

> I was just reading some feeds from google reader, when firefox abruptly
> crashed. When I restarted it, a message appeared stating that firefox does not
> support google reader and that I should update to a newer version of firefox.
>
> This is the latest firefox available. What am I to make of this warning?

If indeed it is correct (which I doubt, since you were using 3.6.4 when
it crashed), you might try removing it and installing the latest firefox
directly from Mozilla (is there even a 3.6.5 there??).  AFAICT, Firefox
4 is still in BETA, so it can't be considered the "latest" Firefox
unless you were reading some BETA google reader feeds....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net