L10N QA Template for F14

noriko noriko at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 20 11:33:54 UTC 2010

Igor Pires Soares さんは書きました:
> 2010/7/14 James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com>:
>> One of the wishlist items for the QA team from Fedora 13 was to better
>> understand the test coverage handled by the Fedora l10n and i18n teams.
>> Looking at the link above, and not being familiar with l10n, is there a
>> place that documents what the general test procedure is?
>
> There is not a general place describing the general procedure right
> now and I realize this is something we should work on in order to
> clarify the procedure for all L10N teams and also for others.

Hi Igor and all

I am wondering if we can use this newly opensourced tool (on 12-Jul),
Nitrate, for this purpose [1]. Red Hat has been using this tool for QA
internally.

I have uploaded some screenshots of very small sample test case plan on
my page [2].
First screenshot of 'test case sample' shows the test case plan consists
of only 6 test cases. Second screenshot of 'test case sample expanded'
shows the description of general procedure for one of these test cases.
Third screenshot of 'test run' shows the results of each test case under
particular test run.

The tool can be downloaded for installing, pls see instruction at [1].
The above sample test case plan can be imported with the xml file, let
me know if you want I am happy to send you since this ml does not accept
this file.

Aalam is original author of those test cases, and I obtained the
permission to open those cases from him. Special thanks to Aalam.

Any idea is welcomed.

[1]:https://fedorahosted.org/nitrate/
[2]:https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Noriko

noriko