bodhi editing - QA hazard

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Fri Jul 23 15:35:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 09:17 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> It seems bodhi is abused more than I thought. [...]
> Why does bodhi allow editing of the package version? It seems that field
> should be locked from editing and the only course of action would be to
> delete the update and create a new one.

I went down this path a while ago and was told to chill and let
maintainers use Bodhi however they wish:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2010-April/134671.html

> Another alternative would be to
> have bodhi modified to reset karma points if the package field changes.

Yes, that seems like an obvious change.  Some related tickets:

https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/388
https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/413

--
Matt