ProvenTester F14 Upgrade Issues

Bob Lightfoot boblfoot at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 16:49:50 UTC 2010

  Dear Testers:
     Adam mentioned that going from F13 to F14 was a bit busted in his
last post.  I've found that following the usual procedure of 1) yum
install fedora-release-rawhide and 2) yum --disablerepo=*
--enablerepo=rawhide fails on the second step for several broken
dependancies.  Using --skip-broken doesn't improve things by much as you
just run into a bunch of broken dependancies you can't skip.  Adam you
hinted you might have to remove certain packages but I'm unsure as to
what might need to be removed.  I've got two VM's one for i686 and then
other for x8664 when I can rawhide/F14alpha installed/upgraded to them.
Anyone else wrestling with this quandry have some insight for a new
Proventester?

Bob Lightfoot