Broken dependencies with Fedora 13 + updates-testing - 2010-06-03

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 12:26:59 UTC 2010

Cc:ing python-sphinx-owner (me and Toshio) as this concerns Sphinx 1.0
format changes

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 13:27:41 +0200, Michel wrote:
>
>> > package: Django-doc-1.1.1-2.fc13.noarch from fedora-13-x86_64
>> >  unresolved deps:
>> >     Django = 0:1.1.1-2.fc13
>
>> Steve, to avoid a dangling update path, perhaps we could make the main
>> package Provides: -doc for the case when -doc is temporarily not
>> buildable?
>
> Only a full Obsoletes/Provides pair would "get rid" of the old -doc package.
>
> [Whether it would be permitted to build a dummy -doc package that includes
> only a README.Fedora, which explains the temporary(?) problem and might
> point at online docs, dunno.]
Obsoletes/Provides would be fine in this case,  since it's a versioned
Obsoletes.

Once the final Sphinx 1.0 is released, Django documentation would
likely be updated -- failing that, we have enough time before F-14
comes out to build a compatibility sphinx06 package (it might still be
a good idea to do that, in any case).

I'm building an updated Django package for Rawhide -- it also reverts
to using %{name}.lang rather than listing the locale files manually,
as the  %%{find_lang}-derived scriptlet I was using is perfectly fine
once the superfluous *.po files are removed.

Steve -- the -2 packages in F-12 and F-13 are probably just fine as
they are, and unaffected by the changes, but we should probably rebase
on the -devel package the next time Django is updated.

Cheers,
--
Michel