f12->f13 upgrade failed to update grub.conf

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 19:04:39 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 13:14 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> For some reason, grub.conf was not updated.  Still tried to boot
> old F12 kernel (which of course wasn't there).
>
> Any info I can provide that would help to diagnose?

There is a really good wiki page describing the many different types of
installer (and upgrade) bugs at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_installation_problems.  It's
probably more than you want to read, but if you have the time, it's
worth a scan.  Pay close attention to the "Log files" section.  This
might offer some guidance on where to look to determine what went wrong.
Some thoughts...

      * Was a new kernel installed? (check upgrade.log)
      * Stop ... I see you've already responded ... moving to your new
        comment

Thanks,
James