Testcase "Anaconda User Interface VNC" updated

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Jun 15 19:11:20 UTC 2010

> > > Yeah, this is how I generally handle this kind of case. We can't have
> > > ten thousand test cases for every possible configuration wiggle.
> > >

> > Ok. so let me ask both of you this.
> >
> > What's the criteria for us to use when choosing which option we use in
> > test cases when we write them?
>
> In general, everything should be default or the most 'obvious' /
> 'common' choice. That's the rule of thumb I go with.

I agree with Adam.  Those are definitely the guidelines I wish to
follow.  Unfortunately, if you were to look at tests I've
written/touched in the past, you'll probably find cases where I've
diverged from this approach.  Just like a fine wine, our collective
process matures over time :)

I've been thinking about this in response to some of the install test
matrix cleanup Hurry has been doing.  One approach I used a lot in
different test circles is to define "variations" of the test.  Similar
to the changes Jóhann lists earlier, test variations were used to
describe _minor_ changes to the test instructions/results.

If desired/useful, I can add an optional "Variations" section to the
test case template. [1]

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:QA/Test_Case