QA recommendations for F-14

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jun 16 21:32:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 17:24 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 16:57 -0400, James Laska wrote:
>
> > Much like we did after Fedora 12, I'll be asking folks for help working
> > through the recommendations.  Ideally this list will serve as a set of
> > tasks available to anyone interested in helping improve the next
> > release.  Quick, this is first come first serve! :)
>
> "Basic video driver".  Man, can I just delete that damn thing already?
> It'd be one less thing to test...

I'd really rather not, it's still necessary in quite a lot of cases. My
laptop, fr'instance, where intel or nouveau (or both, depending which
graphics adapter you select) will cheerfully try to load, but fail
miserably and leave the system non-functional. I'd much rather get a
full install with VESA than a minimal text install, which would be my
only option if you killed 'basic video driver' install.