Separate Fedora bug tracker?

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Thu Jun 17 17:23:32 UTC 2010

> On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 19:48 -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
>
> > Thoughts on any of this?
>
> Sorry, one further - the recurring issue that always comes up when
> things like this are in question is to remember this is Red Hat's
> Bugzilla as well as Fedora's. Some things that would make sense for a
> project like Fedora wouldn't make sense for Red Hat. I'd like to have a
> separate Fedora bug tracking system, but wishes ain't horses and it's
> not me who'd have to do the work...

I would be very surprised if Bugzilla did not support setting different
policies for the Fedora "project".

I'm not sure what would be gained by having a fully separate Fedora bug
tracker.  On the other hand, there are definite practical conveniences
to having Fedora and RHEL in the same bug tracker: user accounts are
shared and direct dependencies can be entered among Fedora, RHEL, and
Security Response bugs.

--
Matt