Reopening others' bugs (Re: Closing of Fedora 11 Bugs at EOL)

Chris Campbell campbecg at cox.net
Thu Jun 17 17:23:45 UTC 2010

On 06/17/2010 01:09 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 19:48 -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
>

>> Thoughts on any of this?
>>
> Sorry, one further - the recurring issue that always comes up when
> things like this are in question is to remember this is Red Hat's
> Bugzilla as well as Fedora's. Some things that would make sense for a
> project like Fedora wouldn't make sense for Red Hat. I'd like to have a
> separate Fedora bug tracking system, but wishes ain't horses and it's
> not me who'd have to do the work...

My 2 Euro's:
This is actually where my concern lies. I'm not so worried about
loosening the permissions allowing more people to 'do things' than less.
In fact, we (the bugzappers triage team) are set loose with little to no
actual training, but ...
I still remember the first of two times I have been ... scolded? ... too
harsh a word by far, but it will do, by a more senior bug zapper. I used
a built-in function available to us with the triage scripts, which put
the video card information into the whiteboard for an X report. My faux
pas? It was a Red Hat report, and not a Fedora one. Until and unless
there is a way to protect the Red Hat reports from casual updating ... I
cannot see how permissions can possibly be loosened.