Fedora 14 Schedule

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jun 21 21:06:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 18:31 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 06/21/2010 06:22 PM, TK009 wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:44:47 -0400
> > James Laska<jlaska at redhat.com>  wrote:
> >
> >> More food for thought ...
> >>
> >> I've heard thoughts from others about how the 'test day' name doesn't
> >> accurately match the effort.  One suggestion was to rebrand the effort
> >> as 'bug day'.  Similar to http://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad/BugDays
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> James
> >>
> > I have only participated in a few test days however test day(s) are
> > nothing like gnomes bug day from my experience so not a good name choice
> > imho.
> >
> > It was my hope that bugzappers triage day would be an event similar to
> > gnomes bug day but we (the bugzappers) have failed thus far to really
> > get that going.
> >

> Let's just call it Test sprint ;)

Andre suggested 'Testathon' on IRC. Perhaps we can have a poll. =)

It did make me have very rough thoughts about the possibility of doing a
sort of 'rebranding exercise' (excuse me for a second while I shoot
myself) around one of the newer names; change our conception of the
event itself a little bit as well as the name, and maybe provide a
longer time base for publicity. Ubuntu, for instance, has the old
marketing trick of announcing everything at least five times down pat;
we could do this with Test Sprints / Test Blitzes / Testathons /
whatever. Very rough sketch -

* we can do a shiny announcement when we've decided what events we'll
have
* we can do a shiny announcement when the test cases for a given event
are done
* we can declare week-long Focus Periods for each event and do shiny
announcements at the start and end of each
* we can do three shiny announcements of the 'Blitz Day' or whatever
associated with each event; before, during, after (with the 'before' and
'after' announcements emphasizing that you can test already/still)
* we can do a shiny wrap-up at the end of the cycle

I dunno, it's just a thought. Very rough so far...