Rawhide - first experience

Kjartan Maraas kmaraas at broadpark.no
Tue Jun 22 20:02:18 UTC 2010

ti., 22.06.2010 kl. 08.42 -0700, skrev Adam Williamson:

> > > If you run Rawhide you *really* need to install the akmod package.
> > > Fusion don't always rebuild kmods for every Rawhide kernel build, and
> > > even when they do, they'll always be a day or two behind, which is quite
> > > a while in the fast-paced world of Rawhide.
> > >

> > Pretty sure it doesn't work against 2.6.34 anyway.
>
> In that case, he gets to keep both halves =)

It's not that I don't know that I get to keep both halves when running
rawhide. I just wanted to show you guys that something was broken in the
first place :-)

Btw, I've been running mostly on rawhide since Fedora 2 or something
like that so I'm very aware of the dangers involved and the lack of
guarantees that things will work etc.

Cheers
Kjartan