Rawhide - first experience

Kjartan Maraas kmaraas at broadpark.no
Wed Jun 23 11:15:58 UTC 2010

ti., 22.06.2010 kl. 07.40 -0700, skrev Adam Williamson:
> On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 16:08 +0200, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I updated from F13 to rawhide today and everything went smooth when I
> > skipped packages with broken deps. Ended up with some 1500 packages
> > being updated :-)
> >
> > When I booted and logged in I noticed the following:
> >
> > - mouse movement is really slow. The pointer moves a centimeter or two
> > every time I drag my finger across the mousepad. Tried changing the
> > settings, but nothing seems to help there. Not kernel related as it is
> > the same when I boot the f13 kernel
>
> http://who-t.blogspot.com/2010/06/new-synaptics-acceleration-mechanism.html

I missed this yesterday. Thanks for the explanation, but I've given
myself some time to adjust to the new behavior now and I can safely say
that it's not working as it is now at least. I have to drag my finger
across the mousepad 15-20 times to move the pointer across the screen
from one side to the other.

Cheers
Kjartan