Proposed release criteria additions for F14+

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jun 24 18:28:16 UTC 2010

Sorry for the cross-post, but figured it's worth CCing devel in case
anyone has concerns on these.

I'm currently working on a plan to expand desktop validation testing. As
part of the discussion around this, Christoph Wickert proposed several
additions to the release criteria that seem sensible to me. I'd like to
propose we add these to the criteria for F14 and on:

* Saving passwords in the desktop default keyring (if the desktop
 implements one), and retrieving passwords from the keyring, must work

* The desktop default update manager must not periodically check for
 updates when the system is booted live, but must periodically check for
 updates when running on an installed system

* The desktop's offered mechanisms for shutting down, logging out and
 rebooting must work

Anyone have comments or objections to these? Suggestions for what
release they should come in? I'd say #1 should be final and #2 and #3
should be beta, off the top of my head.