Proposed release criteria additions for F14+

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jun 25 15:48:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 03:14 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:

> And what about this one additional:
>
>  * Network interfaces must be configured properly and automatically
>   enabled on boot so that Internet/LAN connection works by default
>   whenever possible. This requirement does not apply when custom
>   networking properties are chosen during installation process.
>
> I'm talking about the infamous "feature" of Fedora that forces user
> to enable networking every time after boot if he installed the system
> from DVD (most cases anyway). It is really bad experience, we should
> make sure it doesn't happen next time.

And I'm saying again that the release criteria process is not the place
to put feature requests. We are codifying the existing behaviour we want
to be sure is correct at each release, not proposing modifications in
existing behaviour. The appropriate place to take this up is in an RFE
against NM/Anaconda, except I know they're already working on changes
(network configuration via NM during install process).