proposal: let's activate proventesters!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jun 28 21:22:09 UTC 2010

Hey, everyone.

Looking at the status of the proven testers project, I reckon it's about
ready to go. We're tinkering with the wiki pages still, but we have
everything in place that really _needs_ to be in place.

So far we say we're waiting on infrastructure to kick in the Bodhi
changes that make updates require proventester feedback and make the
feedback 'special', but it occurs to me that we don't actually need to
wait for that. We can start accepting proventester membership requests,
mentoring proventesters, and sending feedback already. Even if our
feedback isn't strictly necessary yet, even if it doesn't get marked as
privileged, it's still useful feedback, and it gets the project up and
running and lets us clean up any teething problems.

So, let's do it! I say we start having the existing people in the
proventesters group accept the requests filed as trac tickets, send the
new proventesters a quick guide on how to get up to speed -
essentially, https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Proven_tester - and get down
to the business of submitting feedback. Then whenever infrastructure
gets around to flipping the switch, we'll already be there in the swing
of things and the transition should happen smoothly.

Does that sound good?