LiveInst does not recognize existing LV layout

Richard Ryniker ryniker at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 1 00:34:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 15:51 -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>> Which version of anaconda is in the liveinst?  I have seen this same
>> behavior with the liveinst and the install DVDs, but, for the install
>> DVDs the problem was fixed.  Anaconda in F13 Alpha RC4 is 13.32 and it
>> detects VGs and LVs.
>>
>Indeed, there's 13.27 even though it's yesterday's snapshot... I'll try
>to update the anaconda and see if it helps.

Indeed,

http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/desktop/logs/20100227.20-x86_64.log

clearly indicates anaconda 13.27 was used:

Retrieving http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/13/x86_64/os/Packages/anaconda-13.26-1.fc13.x86_64.rpm ...OK

It would appear something is broken in the nightly build process, when
anaconda 13.31 is already in the (updates-testing) repository with a date
of February 24.

I should think the primary purpose of the nightly build is to incorporate
the latest software, but we may learn more from the people directly
involved with this process.