F13 a4 x86_64 netinst - default partitioning, default set of software

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Mar 1 14:35:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 15:22:10 +0100,
  Karel Volný <kvolny at redhat.com> wrote:

> the LVM partition was divided into 2 GB swap, 50 GB root and 49
> GB /home
>
> I can't see what scenario does this division fit - for a desktop
> user, I bet a lot of space in /home would be preferred to store
> all the multimedia and such stuff

Not really. You can run into space problems with a desktop at 50 GB for /.
If you install lots of games and fonts you run up against that limit.
Also yum updating between releases also requires significant amounts of
space on / and can cause problems. (When I went to F13 I had to uninstall
a few large games in order to have enough space to upgrade.)