F14 already...

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Mar 1 20:31:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 08:14:48PM +0100, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Feb 2010, Mike Chambers wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 09:29 +0100, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> >> Yesterdays update of my test machine brought it to Fedora 14, but I would
> >> rather follow the F13 line. I understand the No_Frozen_Rawhide effort, but
> >> did I miss the branch point to follow F13 instead moving further
> >> with rawhide?
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/No_Frozen_Rawhide_Implementation
>
> Sorry if it is not obvious, but I've read it. But I still do not see a
> description what should be done to remain on an F13 track instead jumping
> to F14.

I would expect that it is enough to install fedora-release-13-0.6
instead of fedora-release-14-0.3 which you have now.
'rpm -U --oldpackage ....' should do but editing of /etc/fedora-release
likely be helpful for a start.  After that try 'yum update'.

> Do I understand ir correctly that I've crossed the point of no
> return and I can not test F13 anymore (without reinstallation, which I am
> not willing to do)?

Not really but you may end up with some packages where you need to
install a different version and some "manual" fiddling may be
required.  See 'man yum' and look for 'downgrade' to help you with
that.

   Michal