New BugZapper Introduction.

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 07:36:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 20:57 +0000, Luigi wrote:
> Hi lads!
>
> I am looking forward to be part of this contributing group, the Fedora
> BugZappers Team,
> as a triager, from whom I am waiting my approval.
>
> I've been working in Linux a lot, always with Fedora, so I reckon I
> should give
> some effort back to this Project.
>
> My experience is everyday computing, plus some bits of network
> monitoring and
> programming, where I will study and learn a lot of Perl. I can also
> manage the bash shell a bit.
>
> Regarding my information,
> My name is Luigi Pardey, further details can be found in my signature.
> The first time I knew the existence of Linux was with DamnSmallLinux,
> although my first
> real work started with Fedora, with which i've been working since 3
> years ago.
>
> I am glad of being part of this great project, and thanks for
> accepting me in.

Hi Luigi, welcome to the group! I'll approve your membership request
soon. Here's our standard reading material :)

Here is a list of components which we'd like BugZappers to work on as a
priority, there's lots available.
The list is at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Components_and_Triagers

we'd recommend you pick a component from that list that you feel
comfortable working on, then contact its maintainer to say you'll be
working on triaging it, and ask if they have any tips or special
requests. Then read:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Tools
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingBugs
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/How_to_Triage
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingDuplicates
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses

To see how the process works (I know that looks like a lot of pages, but
several of them are pretty short, and they all work together). Please do
join #fedora-bugzappers and ask if you have any questions or problems,
there's usually another team member around who can help you out. Thanks
a lot for volunteering your time! Do come out to the next meeting -
they're Tuesdays at 15:00 UTC - if you have the time, and we can welcome
you there.