fedora-easy-karma: reporting karma made very easy

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Mar 4 18:33:32 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> said:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Chris Adams wrote:
> > Once upon a time, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> said:
> >> run:
> >>
> >> yum list installed | grep updates-testing
> >
> > Would it be possible for yum to detect not-a-tty (or at least have a CLI
> > option to the same effect), so that the output is not pretty-printed?
> > Or is there another quick-and-easy way to get the same info?
> >
> > The above command gives me mostly useless output:
> >
> > # yum list installed | grep updates-testing
>
> What yum version is this and what plugins do you have installed?

# yum list installed yum\*
yum.noarch         3.2.25-1.fc12  @anaconda-InstallationRepo-200911081904.x86_64
yum-metadata-parser.x86_64
                   1.1.2-14.fc12  @anaconda-InstallationRepo-200911081904.x86_64
yum-presto.noarch  0.6.2-1.fc12   @updates
yum-utils.noarch   1.1.26-1.fc12  @updates

It is a pretty-printing thing apparently.  Too-long fields result in a
line wrap and space padding for column alignment (a too-long name.arch
and version-release can end up with three lines for a single package).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>