problem with F13 Alpha RC4 Intel core i3 330m and Intel HD Graphics chipset

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 20:12:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 19:40 +0200, cornel panceac wrote:

> 2010/3/4 Robert Williams <rwilliam at redhat.com>
>         Tom,
>         Thanks for the suggestion.
>         I don't think they are the same issue as the video chipsets
>         are different and they at least saw the graphics for a time.
>         The one I have is newer, not part of the 4500 series and I
>         never have graphic output.
>         I tried the parameters you sent and it did not have an effect.
>         I still get the blank screen at mode switch time.
>

>         Regards,
>         Robert M. Williams
>         rmw at redhat.com
>

> i see similar behaviour on my thinkpad x40. video card is intel
> [8086:3582]
> also, the above bootparam is no use. system still freezes, without
> nomodeset.

Then it's not similar behaviour :)

Could both of you please file bugs against xorg-x11-drv-intel according
to the guidelines at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Xorg_problems

? Thanks a lot!

Actually, I think the x40 bug may be filed already, so Cornel please do
a quick search before filing.