problem with F13 Alpha RC4 Intel core i3 330m and Intel HD Graphics chipset

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 5 17:38:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 19:24 +0200, cornel panceac wrote:

> yes, trying graphical ended in x freeze, so i tried safe driver which
> doesn't start gui, so it falls back to vnc install. but how could this
> be relevant after install?

Both 'safe graphics' and, AFAICT, text mode install write an xorg.conf
which sets the driver to vesa. This obviously makes sense in the case of
safe graphics mode - if you need the vesa driver to do the install, it's
likely you'll need it post-install too - though doesn't seem so sensible
in the text mode install case, to me anyway (I may just not understand
the rationale).