Fedora Alpha RC4 and Ubuntu Coexistience

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Fri Mar 5 19:28:05 UTC 2010

After a successful install on an AMD machine I decided to
install RC4 on my office machine.  This machine has a
variety of operating systems on it.

The RC4 install detected the Windows partition in addition
to its own.  As it did not detect any of the other op systems,
I installed the boot loader to the root partition instead of
the MBR.

And now Ubuntu is returning the favor.  Its grub-mkconfig
does not recognize RC4 on its ext4 file system.  I reloaded
RC4 on ext3 and still Ubuntu can't see it.

"Can't we all just get along?"

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com